1. When should I use Brainpop? I use Brainpop when I introduce new content or at the end as a review of a concept.
2. What are students doing while the video is playing? Brainpop goes beyond textbook information, this is great because you as a teacher can create a variety of learning strategies with each video clip. Sometimes I give my students guided listening questions, a single essential question , or a KWL chart to complete while the video is playing.
3. What other features does Brainpop provide? Brainpop has a quiz feature for every video clip. When using this feature I let my students take it as a class. Because Brainpop records all scores for each video quiz; my classes compete with my other class periods for the highest score.
4. How much does it cost? For a 1 year subscription it is $205, I suggest having your school or even district buy a subscription and share the username and password. The app is free to download and free to stream on their website.
Here are my favorite Wold History clips via Brainpop:
1. Black Death 2. Democracy
3. Rise of the Roman Empire 4. Fall of the Roman Empire
5. Sumerians 6. Athens
7. Religion 8. Ramadan
9. Pax Romana 10. Middle Ages